Shifting gears...Butterick 3918

I love this pattern!  It has been in my stash for a few years now....  I continued to put it on the back burner because I wasn't sure how the details in the jacket would translate after the FBA.  Thanks to Palmer/Pletsch DVDs, I continue to grow in my confidence in making the alteration.


The fabric suggestion is for a shantung; however, I selected a "blue red" gabardine-like polyester twill weave(???...I may be making this up--I don't know what it is ;-).  Anyway, I love the fabric.  It's darker than the pic indicates...almost a rich crimson or burgundy--great for the fall season.  





Comments

  1. I have the same pattern do the same as you. Push it back in the que. Your fabric choice is beautiful. Can't wait to see yours made up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this pattern too. This is one I haven't noticed in the catalog. The fabric is beautiful. Good luck with the project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In a bind. I'm sewing up this suit today to wear to my son's wedding on Friday. (I leave tomorrow a.m.) I have lost pages 3 and 4 of the pattern guide. Could you possibly do me a favor and scan and email me those pages. I would love to return the favor in any way or pay you for your time. Thank you so much. --Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. CharleneSch...
    You didn't leave an email address. I have the pdf file, but your profile doesn't list an email or website. Send me your email and I will forward the file.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts