Busy Season...Some Sewing, Some More Sewing, a New Book, and Even More Sewing!


Well…the past few months have been exciting! While it appears I haven’t been sewing, I have completed a few garments…. I have also been busy launching a new book as well! I'm reviewing 4 garments in this post!  


Columbia Style Week

Natalea and I were asked to construct some of the garments for this year's event.  It was our first time working with "drafted patterns."  It took a bit of getting used to the idea, but we both managed to complete the garments for which we were responsible!  I learned that I routinely underestimate how long it will take to complete a garment.  I made both jackets (Natalea made the blouses).  My estimates came in at about four hours each.  I will at least 4 hours short in both estimations!  We were constructing right down to the day before.  It was a great experience, but I prefer not to sew under that sort of pressure.  I think I'll pass next time :-)



McCall's 6564 and NewLook 6107

I love this fabric, and the top is great, too!  It runs a little large so you may want to test using a slightly bigger seam allowance.  It came together really well.  It was also my first time using a rolled hem foot.  It may be my new favorite foot! 

The skirt is New Look.... It is also a great pattern.  It may be my new "go-to" for skirts....


Simplicity 1716--Knit Top

I love this top, too!  I really love the red knit.  I'm not sure I'm a fan of the print.  The jury is still out on that one.  The print works well with a navy skirt or jeans.  The skirt is another New Look 6107.  I've had the linen print for a few years and have been looking forward to pairing it with a red or yellow top. 





McCall's 6713 -- Wrap Dress for the Book Launch

I love this pattern!  I've used a wrap dress from McCall's before but this one is great.  I was "stitch-slapped" prior to this black and white ensemble.  The pink dress was too small because it wasn't a 2-way stretch knit.  I completed it to wear to the Launch Event for my new book, "He Makes All Things Beautiful." The dress came together beautifully.  For those of you who typically do FBAs, there shouldn't be a need to for this one.  There is ample room, and you made find you need a camisole for modesty if it plunges too deep. It also has a casing for elastic at the waist.  I wasn't sure I would like that but really works well for the garment.  

The Dream Team of ladies included Natalea (of course, and she made the outfit she's wearing, too)!  They all did an amazing job! Our women's ministry director hosted the event.  The book is available at most online retailers in hardcover, softcover, and ebook.  It should also make its way to store shelves soon.  If you feel inclined to purchase and read, would you also consider writing a review if it blesses you?  

 

Comments

  1. Love them all; great fabric choices, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the success. As Robin said, the fabric choices were great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congradulations on the book & all the garments turned out fantastic!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratsulations! What a great feeling that must be! The dresses are all beautiful too! (And skirt too!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!! Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts