Butterick 6665 | That Sleeve-That Flounce!

Butterick #B6665 Blouse with front tie and flounce sleeves.


Pattern description:
Very loose-fittinhg button-front top with shaped hem, double tie collar, and ddouble sleeve flounce.


Fabric and sizing:
I used a crepe (or it might be a silky/Faile) paisley print. The fabric feels good and sews up well. I've had it over three years and originally intended to make a dress with it. My original thought was a dress or top with minimal seams--so as not to break up the pattern in the print. The pattern includes alternate pattern pieces for different bra cup sizes. This was great--it made it easy to engage the project and focus on the finishing details.

 

Alterations and adaptations:
I stayed with the pattern plan for the most part. I shortened the hem by a 1/2 inch. I used a hem tape to secure it before sewing it down.


What I love most:
The sleeves, the sleeves, the sleeves! The flounce is beautiful. I also like the way the fabric falls on the body. The fit is good. There is no give in the fabric so I was glad it fit so well. It dresses UP or DOWN pretty easily.



What I like least:
While I love a good paisley print, the size of the print with this pattern may not be a good combination. A smaller paisley pattern seems more appropriate for the garment. The size of the print pattern reveals they are unmatched on the front.


Conclusions:
It's a great pattern, and I plan to make more. While I think the size of the print may not be appropriate for the blouse, I get numerous compliments everytime I wear it. People seem to love it. FYI it is paired with navy gabardine slacks from Butterick 5391 (one of my TNT patterns).

Vita





Follow me on social media
Instagram: 
@MarvitaFranklin
@ColaSewingStyle
@beautysecretsforlife 
Website: www.MarvitaFranklin.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/MarvitaFranklin.biz








Comments

  1. Strange "water hack" burns 2lbs overnight

    At least 160k men and women are utilizing a simple and SECRET "liquids hack" to drop 1-2 lbs each and every night as they sleep.

    It is painless and works with anybody.

    Here are the easy steps for this hack:

    1) Grab a glass and fill it up with water half glass

    2) And then learn this weight loss hack

    and you'll become 1-2 lbs skinnier in the morning!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts