Simplicity 1779 | My First Pattern Hack



Dress blouse with button and placard. The top is one of my favorite and most challenging projects.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes, for the most part. I did, however, change the design a bit.

Were the instructions easy to follow?
The bodice required a full bust adjustment (FBA). Jenny Rushmore’s #Craftsy class had me pretty excited to do the FBA on this pattern. The fabric design complimented many of the finer details in the pattern. The bias cut of the neck band and tie was perfect for this fabric. The sleeve details also benefited from the fabric design.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I wasn’t a fan of the placard on the front. It came together well, but I didn’t like work with the placard in the lightweight crepe.

Fabric Used:
The fabric has been in my stash for over 5 years. I’ve been thoughtful over the years to save it until I could strike a pretty special match of pattern and fabric. The fabric design complimented many of the finer details in the pattern. The bias cut of the neck band and tie was perfect for this fabric. The sleeve details also benefited from the fabric design.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
The foundation pattern is #S1779 However, the bell-finish at the end of the sleeve is the result of a #PatternHack. I took this beautiful sleeve detail from #V8543. I made the jacket a few years ago, and the sleeves were, by far, my favorite detail. The upper portion of the sleeve is from the blouse pattern. Only the bottom of the sleeve was adapted to create the look I wanted.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I think I will…it may take me a while. I would recommend the pattern—even with the original sleeves.

Conclusion:
I’m pretty happy with the outcome!


Vita






Instagram: 
@MarvitaFranklin
@ColaSewingStyle
@beautysecretsforlife 
Website: www.MarvitaFranklin.com

Facebook: www.facebook.com/MarvitaFranklin.biz



Comments

Popular Posts