Simplicity 2446 | Great Jacket!



This has become a go-to jacket pattern for me. This is one of my latest projects- Simplicity 2446 (#S2446 Amazing Fit series). The pattern is fantastic. I think the fit works well. I will lengthen the jacket on the next make. I also plan to make this in several fabrics that will let me have some separates in jackets (Boucle, wool, etc).
The pants are #B5391 (view B). I also made a skirt from the same pattern. It makes for a great professional ensemble for work. The top is #M6963 (view A). They are older patterns in my stash.


What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Princess seams--they are my favorite. I also appreciated the 1-inch seam allowances. The pattern also has alternate pieces for different bra cup sizes. The fit is "Amazing Fit" series.

Fabric used: 
It's an eggplant wool blend. I love the fabric because it has a weave that looks like a pique. .
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
None. The "Amazing Fit" series is great and offers alternate bra cup sizes. That's why I chose it. The fit really is great.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes, I plan to make several versions of this. On a recent FaceBook post, someone recommended I also try squaring off the front curves.
Conclusion:
Good staple jacket as a wardrobe builder. Stay tuned; you'll see this one again.

Vita





Instagram: 
@MarvitaFranklin
@ColaSewingStyle
@beautysecretsforlife 
Website: www.MarvitaFranklin.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/MarvitaFranklin.biz


Note: this post has been moved from my personal website in an effort to consolidate my sewing projects.

Comments

Popular Posts