Simplicity 8652 | The Gertrude Skirt

Pattern Description:
The skirt is #S8652 the Gertrude skirt. This is my second version of this skirt. I like it a lot.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes, absolutely!

Were the instructions easy to follow?
They were very easy to follow, and the skirt sews up easy.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
My favorite detail is the offset topstitching in the front and the tab and button detail. The pleat detail in the front eliminates the need for a kick pleat in the back.

Fabric Used:
A piece I purchased from Vogue Fabrics: VF171-39 Chowder Mallard - Teal Poly Rayon Stretch Suiting Fabric

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
No intentional alterations. The front seam/topstitching should have been on the opposite side. I don’t know how did it. I also added a lining (because I love lining skirts).

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I sure will. I made one in a navy tropical wool.

Conclusion:
I’m pretty happy with the outcome! Vita








Instagram: 
@MarvitaFranklin
@ColaSewingStyle
@beautysecretsforlife 
Website: www.MarvitaFranklin.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/MarvitaFranklin.biz



Comments

Popular Posts