Skip to main content

Dress #4 Complete....

I love this dress!  I completed it with no issues.  The pattern includes alternate pieces for different cup sizes.  This is the finished dress with extra pics of the fabric and the next fabric on the cutting room table.

Pattern Description:
Fitted dress w/princess seams and purchased belt

Pattern Sizing:
16 (I cut the pattern pieces for a D cup)

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes!  I was very pleased about that!

Were the instructions easy to follow?
They were easy to follow and the details at the neck and armhole were easy as well.  

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I love the finishing at the neckline and the front opening.  Bias strips were used to finish the neck and armhole.  It was a very nice touch to the finished garment.

Fabric Used:
I used a linen blend, floral print.  I was a bit worried once I cut it out that the flowers might be too much, but I'm pleased with the final product.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I originally pin fit the pattern and cut one inch seam allowances.  I found it unusual that Butterick would include alternate pattern pieces for C and D bra cup sizes, but was gratefully surprised! As it turned out, my side seams were eventually 1 1/2 inches. So, I might have been able to cut a 14 (D cup) as well. The 16 was safer!

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Absolutely...yes to both questions!

Conclusion:
Great pattern and I look forward to making it again in another print or solid!!!

The fabric below is the next one on the cutting room table....  I'm thinking of making the dress again in this fabric, but I haven't decided....  

Comments

  1. A great dress. I love the neckline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great dress. I don't know a thing about sewing clothing (except that I'm garanteed to screw it up, LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I just got this pattern last weekend. Can't wait to try it now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific job! I have this pattern and after seeing your creation, I've moved it up on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simplicity 2151 - Linear polka dots!

It's a wild print, but I went for it!

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Princess seams--they are my favorite. The sleeve detail is nice, and the collar style is my second favorite (shawl collars are my favorite). The length of the top is great for slacks. It's roomy without being too loose. The fit is "Amazing Fit" series.

Fabric used: 
Silky print, but I would love to make it in a print that has just a bit of stretch.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
None. The "Amazing Fit" series is great and offers alternate bra cup sizes. That's why I chose it. The fit really is great.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes, however, in a different fabric. The fabric I selected puckers easily.

Conclusion:
Good staple top as a wardrobe builder. I could do with a red, black, and white version of this.







KwikSew K4028 - Rust with black stripes

My first KwikSew pattern.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing it?
Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes. Very easy. It's first Kwik Sew pattern. I will be back.... The instructions suggest serving. I made the mistake of serging the sleeve opening--big mistake. It was difficult to turn under the hem to topstitch.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
It only took 2.5 hours from cut out to finish.

Fabric used:
Ponte knit

Pattern alterations:
None

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Absolutely. Lovely cowl! I loved sewing it. The pieces came together well. I will use a lighter knit to make it again. It's a great year round top for knits of all weights.

Conclusion:
The top wore really well. I really love the color. It will be a "go-to" pattern for me






Busy Season...Some Sewing, Some More Sewing, a New Book, and Even More Sewing!

Well…the past few months have been exciting! While it appears I haven’t been sewing, I have completed a few garments…. I have also been busy launching a new book as well! I'm reviewing 4 garments in this post!  

Columbia Style WeekNatalea and I were asked to construct some of the garments for this year's event.  It was our first time working with "drafted patterns."  It took a bit of getting used to the idea, but we both managed to complete the garments for which we were responsible!  I learned that I routinely underestimate how long it will take to complete a garment.  I made both jackets (Natalea made the blouses).  My estimates came in at about four hours each.  I will at least 4 hours short in both estimations!  We were constructing right down to the day before.  It was a great experience, but I prefer not to sew under that sort of pressure.  I think I'll pass next time :-)


McCall's 6564 and NewLook 6107I love this fabric, and the top is great, too!  It ru…