McCalls 7255 | A Cool Poncho

Pattern Description:
McCalls 7255 - Black and white knit Shawl

Pattern Sizing:
Misses

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes! And I love that.

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes, very easy and it sews up very quickly.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I've had to make some alterations to this particular shawl because It's very long. So I have taken out about 4 inches in length. The finished lengths in views A and B were too short; however view C was too long.
Because the shawl would make a great gift for others, I did not want to make the alterations permanent. After shortening it based on the original alteration marks of the pattern, I subtracted more length by pinning it up.
I love the finished look of the shawl! It's still too long for me. I may need to make a shorter one in the future.

Fabric Used:
I used a sweater knit I recently picked up at Joann Fabric. The weave is beautiful for the cowl neck and the hang of the shawl.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
Using elastic in the horizontal seams--Because this is a sweater knit, I wanted to ensure the seams did not stretch out of shape particularly at the shoulders. Based on a tip from Sandra Betzina's book, I added clear elastic to the shoulder seams. In this case they go all the way down the arm. I also added clear elastic to the neck seam. In general, it will keep it from stretching out of shape over time. The knit is slightly weightier than a ponte, so over time the hanging my cause it to look droopy.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Absolutely, and I may even try it in an unexpected fabric. The fall of it is fantastic.










Instagram: 
@MarvitaFranklin
@ColaSewingStyle
@beautysecretsforlife 
Website: www.MarvitaFranklin.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/MarvitaFranklin.biz





Comments

Popular Posts