Simplicity 2446 | Red Jackets are My Jam!!!

Pattern Description:

Fitted jacket. Amazing fit pattern from Simplicity


Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes, and I love that.


Were the instructions easy to follow?
Very easy to follow.


What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I love the overall fit of the jacket. It’s easy to construct, too. It has one inch seam allowances so that helps tailor the fit.


Fabric Used:
Rayon poly woven. I ordered it from My Vogue Fabrics.




Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: No design changes. I added the inseam pocket on this version. I don’t know if I like it that much. It makes up pretty easily. However, I think I should have made the jacket a half to one inch larger between the side seams, the princess and the back seam allowances. When I button it there is a slight diagonal line. I think the pocket impacts the fit as well. I did not do the welt pocket on it just because I didn’t want to risk not doing it well since I love the fabric so much.


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes. I have three other colors already cut out.


Conclusion:
This is one of my TNT patterns. The fit is amazing. I love the pattern. Craftsy and Bluprint actually has a video course with Pam Howard using the jacket pattern. It offers some great tips as well.


Vita




The process...











Instagram: 
@MarvitaFranklin
@ColaSewingStyle
@beautysecretsforlife 
Website: www.MarvitaFranklin.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/MarvitaFranklin.biz

Comments

  1. Easy "water hack" burns 2 lbs OVERNIGHT

    Well over 160 000 men and women are hacking their diet with a simple and secret "liquid hack" to lose 1-2lbs each and every night while they sleep.

    It is very simple and it works on everybody.

    Here are the easy steps for this hack:

    1) Go grab a clear glass and fill it half the way

    2) Proceed to do this crazy HACK

    and be 1-2lbs thinner the very next day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts