Vogue 1250 | My GoTo Dress

I'm reminded why I fell in love with Vogue Patterns. 

This is an oldie but goodie! It's one of PatternReview.com's 2011 Best Patterns of the Year.  Obviously I've had it for a while but always agonized over which fabric to select. 
This, by far, one of the "easiest to produce" patterns I've completed by Vogue. Having said that, what I love about this one is the ease of sewing and wear. I think Vogue designs patterns well. That hang on the body naturally and the sewing instructions always make for a wonderfully finished garment
What went well: It was quick to cut out. It was quick to put together. For the first time, I used a twin needle for the hem around the dress and the armhole. I love the darted-side seams--they work well and even allow for alteration if it's too big. The draped neckline and the detail at the shoulder and back neck are killer! They come together so well and look great. Lastly, I thought it might be too short. However, the finished length is fantastic. In fact, I made the hem 1/4 inch deeper. 
What could be improved: Not much.... It's a fantastic pattern, and I loved making it. 
Final thoughts:I will make it again (and again). I have two more prints and a solid that I intend to make. I paired it with a light sweater. I also plan to pair it with a more structured jacket for a more "business-friendly" look.
Use the hashtags #PatternTherapy and #MeMade to share what you're working on via Twitter and Instagram.

Vita

Note: this post has been moved from my personal website in an effort to consolidate my sewing projects.

Instagram: 
@MarvitaFranklin
@ColaSewingStyle
@beautysecretsforlife 
Website: www.MarvitaFranklin.com


Facebook: www.facebook.com/MarvitaFranklin.biz

Comments

Popular Posts