Vogue 1552 | Sandra Betzina's Secret Sauce!


Pattern Review - Vogue 1552


Pattern Description:
Sandra Betzina Semi-fitted pullover draped dress has collar and sleeves.


Pattern Sizing:
It's a one-size pattern with multiple sizes included--huge plus!


Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes, this is a great pattern. Sandra Betzina did a wonderful job on this. This is her secret sauce pattern! The image on the pattern is good, but it doesn't do it justice.


Were the instructions easy to follow?

Absolutely! After cutting it out, it comes together in less than 2 hours. It also uses the flat method to install the sleeve. I love that!



What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

I love the drape on the sides. I had hoped it would be flattering as I've also made a few tops with the same drape feature in the front. I love how flattering the dress is.


Fabric Used:
Rayon stretch knit - purchased at Joann's


Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I'm only 5'3'', so I cut 4 inches off of the bottom. I also used clear elastic in the seam allowance at the shoulders and the neckline (attaching the collar to the bodice) to reduce the potential for stretching it out. On the brown/white/grid print, I increased the depth of the collar. I liked the one on the coral/sage/stripe print, but it wasn't deep enough.


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes and yes! I plan to make a few more. I have a grey sweater knit, a graphic black and white print, and a solid ponte knit on standby.




Conclusion:
Love, love, love this pattern. One friend made a recommendation to lengthen it to the floor and make it in an high end elegant knit for evening wear. I don't know if I'll do that, but I think it's a cool idea. This is a new season of sewing for me. I've put into practice working on one garment at a time. Since doing that, I get a lot more done. I finished three garments in one week--including these two dresses. The pattern was a great. I wore both to work, and everyone commented on how much they loved it.










Instagram: 
@MarvitaFranklin
@ColaSewingStyle
@beautysecretsforlife 
Website: www.MarvitaFranklin.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/MarvitaFranklin.biz

Comments

  1. As stated by Stanford Medical, It's really the ONLY reason women in this country live 10 years longer and weigh on average 19 kilos less than us.

    (And actually, it has NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret-exercise and EVERYTHING related to "HOW" they eat.)

    P.S, What I said is "HOW", not "what"...

    Click this link to discover if this quick quiz can help you release your real weight loss potential

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts